Hey there, bloggy friends! So I had this idea.
For a while now, I’ve been thinking about writing a post introducing my husband.
I read a lot of blogs written by married women, and every now and then their husbands make short appearances in their stories. Their kids show up all the time, getting regular photos and full stories. But the husbands rarely get much stage time. I’ve found myself wishing I knew more about these men who obviously play such huge roles in my online friends’ lives. I feel like I know the bloggers themselves so well, but I hardly know a thing about their partners!
That’s when I decided I should introduce you all to the love of my life and the father of my darling daughter.
And I wanted to invite you to do the same. I figured, What better month to share stories about our spouses than February?
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it, dear friends, if you’d consider sharing something about your husband (or wife!). In my next post (when I introduce my husband), I’d love it if you shared something in the comments, or shared the link to your own blog post. If you write a blog post of your own, feel free to use the birdie image I put together (Just save the above photo to your desktop and upload it to your post. Or not. It’s up to you).
(If I figure out how to use a Linky Tool, and if it seems worth it, I might make a carnival out of it. Whee!)
What do you think? Are you with me?
Here are a few questions for inspiration:
(Note: I’m using the masculine pronoun, because I know most of you are women; but if you’re a guy blogger, you’re equally invited to share about your wife!)
- What’s his personality like?
- What does he do for work?
- What are the qualities that made you fall in love with him?
- What makes him a good fit for you now?
- What are some of your favourite qualities in your spouse?
- What are some of his hobbies/interests?
- How long have you been together? How old were you when you met? How have you both changed since then?
- What’s his family background like, and how does it differ from your own? What do these differences bring to your relationship?
- What are your favourite activities to do together?
Feel free to use or scrap these questions as you please.
Will you join me? It’ll be fun!